Tuesday, November 27, 2012

If thou didst ever hold me in thy heart


That's right. Hamatio.

This marks my foray into the "songfic" so popular amongst fanfiction circles (keep them coming, BBC Sherlock slash lovers!). Generally, these one-shot stories are based on lyrics of the author's choosing, usually of schmaltzy, romantic, or particularly emo subject matter. I felt that Hamlet was overqualified for this writing task. The song is "I Trust You To Kill Me" by Rocco Deluca and The Burden. The poem is mine. I wish the OTP name was mine, but sadly, tis not. Enjoy.


By Caitlin, Sept. 17, 2010

Most loyal Horatio, I beg thee
though mine heart dost tether itself to thy
friendship, that most harbored of stoic craft
whose stately sail catches only the wind
that it wisely desires, and thus favors
starboard nor port; simple distinction this
world hath not, ample time this Dane hath not
to study the cold waves as thou can read,
to feel the dark flames as thou can tame
I possess not the bleak facility
to take life, much less my very own
In you, Horatio, I place the judge
of my sanity and my name’s honor
I trust you with my life, my stark essence;
that which can suffer no earthly peril
None can harm me that love me, and therefore
I trust you to kill me

No comments:

Post a Comment